Design Tools for the Independent Knitter

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Classes, classes everywhere...

Gracious -- spring already?

I'm back from a whirlwind tour of taking and teaching classes.

Stitches West was their biggest ever (my sister-in-law Diana was one of a mere 1,900 people who bought tickets to go to the market on Saturday -- I was one of 1,300 students who attended some of the four days of classes)!

The annual Gig Harbor Retreat was cozy and fun, as ever. I'm sorry I missed a chance to take a class with the colorful and talented Lucy Neatby, but I did revel in Deb Menz' all-day color class on Sunday, a beautifully right-brained thing to do after three full days of teaching capacity classes!
(And when I shared a table in color class with Susanna Hansson, she of www.oneofsusannas.com fame, I found out just how different we are, both in color temperament and in degrees of anal-retentiveness!)

A ball was had by all, and now it's back home and back to some more work.
Interspersed with more fun in the garden, now that it feels like spring!

Coming up:
Weekly (Wednesdays) at Churchmouse Yarns & Teas in Bainbridge Island.
March 5: All-Day Top-Down Unpattern Workshop at A Mingled Yarn in Sequim.
April 16 and 23 (afternoons): Two-Day Top-Down Unpattern Workshop at So Much Yarn in Belltown, Downtown Seattle.
May 21 & 22: Linen-Stitch Purse and All-Day Top-Down Unpattern Workshop at Acorn Street Yarn Shop in Seattle (near the University Village).

More as it happens!
And with my brother's help, perhaps I'll even figure out how to post pictures of my latest exploits here...

2 Comments:

Blogger Caboodle said...

I was just going to email you to see what you have going on: then thought DUH look at her blog and wow are you busy or what? Anyway, I want to catch another class of yours - will you be doing anything with cables or intarsia either in Belltown or nearby?
Thanks!
J

March 13, 2005 8:23 AM

 
Blogger Caboodle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 13, 2005 8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home